How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMG6 firmware – Guide.
Are you the owner of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 and want to root it to do lots of experiments on your tab then you can now root your tab. If you want to know about what rooting is then go here. Let me make you aware that Rooting voids warranty so take this step if your warranty period is over.
Before proceeding to root your device let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all of your data including SMS, Contacts etc., to a safe location, to avoid any data loss while rooting your Galaxy Tab 2.
- Enable USB Debugging from developer options on your device by following appropriates steps.
- Make sure your Galaxy Tab 2 is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your Tab.
Assuming you have done with all the above Requisites, now let’s continue to Root your Galaxy Tab 2.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable / responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the Steps properly. proceed at your risk.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Tab 2 on Android 4.2.2 XXDMG6 firmware:
- Download the Root Package for Galaxy Tab 2 from here and extract it on your PC.
- Download and Install appropriate USB drivers for your Galaxy Tab 2 on your PC.
- Now download the Odin software from here and open it in your PC.
- Power off your Tab and enter into download mode by pressing “Volume Down and Power button” Simultaneously until you see warning message saying, “Press Volume Up to enter into download mode”.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab 2 to PC using original USB data cable.
- Now will see that your device is listed in Odin under ID:COM.
- In odin click on PDA and select the root package file with .md5 extension and click on Start.
- After the file is flashed on your Galaxy Tab 2 you will see a message saying PASS, and your device Tab reboots.
- Let it reboot successfully. Now you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Tab 2, if you want to confirm whether your Galaxy Tab 2 is successfully rooted or not then you can check using Root Checker App, download it from Play Store.
Note: Sometimes the first boot may take 5-6 minutes so be patience and let it boot successfully. If your device gets into boot loop then you have to restart the device again by long pressing the power button and powering your device again.
Now as you have successfully Rooted your Galaxy Tab 2 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean you can take advantages of Root Access Privileges on your device. Don’t forget to let us know if you face any problems while rooting your device in the comment section.