Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 is the Mini version of Galaxy S4 and has received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware update and the update is rolled out via OTA. If you haven’t updated your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware or facing issues, updating it to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then manually update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 from here.
Once you have updated your device you might have lost the root access on your device, so you have to root it again to regain root access. To do so follow this guide as we will guide you on how to root Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
The model number of your device should be Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. Enable USB debugging from settings and take backup of all the important data.
How to Root Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUCNH5 Firmware:
1. Download Odin Software on your PC from here.
2. Also download the Rooting Package from here to your PC.
3. Turn off your Galaxy S4 Mini.
4. Enter into Download mode using appropriate hardware keys.
5. Open ODIN on your computer. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
6. On a valid connection, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
7. Next the select the zip file which is to be flashed. Click on PDA and select the file CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip.
8. Checked the options “Auto Reboot” and F.Reset Time on ODIN software.
9. Tap on Start button on ODIN. This will start the flashing procedure.
10. Once done, you device will boot into recovery mode. Just flash the root package from there.
11. Once completed you will be on homescreen on your smartphone. Disconnect the device from PC.