Galaxy S4 I9505 is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out via OTA. If you facing issues updating Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat then manually update it from here.
Once you have updated Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat you may lose root access on your device and you have to Root Galaxy S4 I9505 again to gain root access back. So in this guide we are going to Root Galaxy S4 I9505 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNB8 firmware.
The device should model number I9505. Confirm from settings. Backup your data using any Android app by downloading from Play Store. Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
Backup your mobile EFS data. Download Samsung USB Drivers from here.
How to Root Galaxy S4 I9505 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNB8 Firmware:
1. Download Odin Software on your PC from here.
2. Also download the Rooting Package from here to your PC.
3. Turn off your mobile.
4. Enter into Download mode
5. Open ODIN on your computer. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
6. On a valid connection, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
7. Next the select the zip file which is to be flashed. Click on PDA and select the file CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip.
8. Checked the options “Auto Reboot” and F.Reset Time on ODIN software.
9. Tap on Start button on ODIN. This will start the flashing procedure.
10. Once done, you device will boot into recovery mode. Just flash the root package from there.
11. Once completed you will be on homescreen on your smartphone. Disconnect the device from PC.
Now you will see SuperSU app install on your device. Download third party root checker app to verify the root access.