If you have updated Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean UBUGNG1 firmware, then you might have lost Root access on your device, to regain it back we have to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 again. In order to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean UBUGNG1 firmware, follow the below procedure. If you want to have a look at advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android, go here.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution. No data will be lost though.
- You should be on UBUGNG1 Android 4.3 software version.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
1. Download CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip for Galaxy S3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
2. Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
3. Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode on your phone. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4. Make sure you have your Galaxy S3 USB drivers installed on your computer.
5. Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
6. If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
7. Now select the root package file that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
8. Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5‘.
9. In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Do NOT touch any other options.
10. Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.