Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 has earlier received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and the update is available via OTA. If you haven’t updated your device to this firmware then follow the guide here and update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNG2 firmware. Once you have updated your device to this firmware you may notice that root access has been blocked. So in order to restore the Root access on your device you must root it back again, for that follow this guide and Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Rooting and android device unlocks more features on your device, after rooting your device you will be able to install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, download the paid apps for free etc., and there are many more. If you want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of rooting the go here and check out. Once done you can proceed to Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
Before we proceed to Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNG2 firmware, we must follow some set of instruction called Pre-requisites, to prepare Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Note 3 LTE with model number N9005. Check in Settings > About.
- Make sure your device is running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNG2 firmware. If not go here and update it.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data if we encounter any data loss.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here to your PC.
We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 for not following the steps properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on Android 4.4.2 XXUFNG2 firmware:
1. Download and install Odin software on your PC.
2. Download the Rooting package from here to your PC and extract it to a folder.
3. Power off Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
4. Enter into Download mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see some warning text on screen, now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode.
5. Run Odin in PC as administrator.
6. Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable.
7. Now you should see that your device is connected to PC, as it shows in Odin under ID:COM box and also shows “Added” message in Odin.
8. Now in Odin click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select file Rooting Package (CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip).
9. Now make sure in Odin only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked and remaining all options are un-checked.
10. Now hit Start buttons and wait for the installation to finish.
11. Once done, your device will reboot automatically.
12. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you want to confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not then make use of Root Checker App.