Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out via OTA with XXUBNH6 Build Number. If you have not updated Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then go here and update your device manually.
Once updated you have to Root Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 to avail all the benefits that root user has over his/her Android device. So here we will guide you on how to Root Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUBNH6 firmware.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Grand 2 Duos with model no G7102.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location or on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75%
- Backup your mobile EFS data
- Download and install USB Drivers
How to Root Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUBNH6 Firmware:
2. Run Odin as administrator on your PC.
3. Power off the device and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see warning message on your screen. Now press Volume Up as written in the warning message to enter into Download Mode.
4. Connect Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 to PC using original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode. Now you will see that the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
5. In Odin click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select the Rooting Package (CF-Auto-Root-ms013g-ms013gxx-smg7102.md5).
6. Make sure only Auto reboot and F.Reset Time option are checked in Odin and remaining all options are un-checked.
7. Click Start, this will start flashing the Rooting package on Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102.
Once done, your device will reboot automatically, wait for your device to boot up successfully. Keep in mind that the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer.