How to Root Droid X and install Bootstrap CWM Recovery
Droid X can now be rooted and the rooting procedure is very simple to follow that a novice can also root Droid X without and hassles. If you are not familiar with what rooting in android is then go here and checkout, once done you can proceed to Root Droid X. once we have rooted Droid X we are going to install the Bootstrap CWM Recovery on Droid X and installing it is also very simple.
Before we proceed to Root Droid X and install Bootstrap CWM Recovery, we must follow some set of instruction to prepare Droid X for the installation and rooting process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data, if any data loss occurs during the installation process.
- Charge your device to at least 70%, to avoid Droid X from shutting down in between the rooting and installation process.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Enable Unknown Sources option on your Droid X from the path Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.
Once you are done with all the above listed requisites, you can proceed further to Root Droid X and install Bootstrap CWM Recovery.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Droid X. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Droid X:
1. Download and install the Framaroot.apk from here to your PC.
2. Transfer it your device’s SD card.
3. Install the app on your device and open it.
4. Click on Install Superuser or Install SuperSU.
5. Tap on any exploit method, this will root Droid X.
6. Once done, reboot your device and check root permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully Root Droid X, now you can proceed to install Bootstrap CWM Recovery on Droid X.
Install Bootstrap CWM Recovery:
- Download the Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM126.96.36.199.apk from here to your PC.
- Transfer it to your device and install it.
- Once installed, open it from app drawer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the Bootstrap CWM Recovery on Droid X.
That’s all now you have successfully installed Bootstrap CWM Recovery on Droid X. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues, while trying to Root Droid X and install Bootstrap CWM Recovery on Droid X.