Cubot P9 is an Android Smartphone with 5 inch capacitive touch screen display and runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. It is powered by 1.2 GHz MTK6572W Cortex-A7 dual core processor coupled with 512 MB RAM and 4GB ROM. It was introduced by Cubot in June this year with a price tag of around $100. So if you own this device and want to root it to avail most out of your Smartphone then follow this guide and Root Cubot P9. If you want to know the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android then go here.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, just to make sure, if any data loss is encountered we can restore it.
- Make sure USB Debugging in enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by tapping on Build Number for about 5-10 times.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the rooting process, if the device shuts sown in between the rooting process it may brick your device and leave it useless.
- Make sure Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device. Check in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources or Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.
How to Root Cubot P9:
1. Download the Framaroot apk file from here.
2. Copy the downloaded app to your device’s SD card.
3. Navigate to the copied Framaroot app on your device using the Default File Manager or ES File Explorer and install the app.
4. Once installed open it from the app drawer.
5. Now select Install SuperSU from the list of options and under exploit method choose Boromir.
6. Now wait for the app to root your device.
7. Once done it will show success message.
8. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you want to confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not then make use of Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully Root Cubot P9. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Root Cubot P9.