Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is one of the most successful launch of the company in the mid-range category. Many users might have installed custom ROM on their Galaxy Grand Prime device and might looking for a guide to restore back to stock firmware in order to receive latest Samsung official updates. Already many other variants of Galaxy Grand Prime already got the Lollipop firmware but the SM-G530M is still spotted running on KitKat OS. It is expected that Samsung will soon roll out OTA update for SM-G530M in the next coming weeks.
But in order to get official OTA update, the device should be running on stock ROM or firmware. So, below is the simple tutorial to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat G530MUBU1AOH1 ROM on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M using Odin software.
Disclaimer: Flashing ROM manually may sometimes results in brick or damage of smartphone if not followed the steps currently. So proceed at your own wish.
- The below guide is compatible with only Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M phone. The firmware G530MUBU1AOH1 works only with the listed model. Go to Settings > About Phone and confirm your device model.
- The battery life on your handset should have percentage or atleast 80% to complete the flashing process.
- On a safer side, backup all your important data like messages, apps, browser history, call logs, etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung mobile.
- Samsung USB drivers should be installed on your Windows computer or laptop.
How to Restore Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M to Stock ROM
Step 1: Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M G530MUBU1AOH1 firmware (G530MUBU1AOH1_G530MUWA1AOF1_xxx.zip) file to your PC and extract the same to obtain .tar.md5 file.
Step 2: Power off your device and enter into download mode.
Step 3: Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds soon after turning off the mobile.
Step 4: As soon you see a yellow triangle sign, press the Voume Up/Down key to enter into Download mode.
Step 5: Download the odin software from here. Locate the .exe file and runs it as administration.
Step 6: Take a USB cable and connect your Galaxy Grand Prime device to computer.
Step 7: Now the Odin software will display “Added!” message indicating a valid connection between your device and computer.
Step 8: Next check the following link to flash stock firmware using odin software.
Step 9: Once done with the above process, reboot your device into normal mode and enjoy the stock firmware.
If your device enters into bootloop mode, perform data factory reset from recovery.
Any queries, drop a comment!