Check here the detailed Guide on how to restore the accidentally deleted WhatsApp conversations
As we know that WhatsApp is the fastest growing chatting platform and many people are using for both entertainment and business purpose. If you use it for entertainment purpose like chatting with your friends and other group members then there is no problem, if you have accidentally deleted messages. But on the other hand for the users who use it for business purpose it may be huge loss for them. So for that reason I’m writing today, so follow the below guide and restore your accidentally deleted messages.
WhatsApp has an inbuilt feature which automatically backups all the chat conversations daily, storing them on your device’s SD card. So by using this backup file you can restore your accidentally deleted messages. For this you have to follow some steps.
- First of all backup the current history of latest messages, from the path WhatsApp > Menu > Settings > Backup Conversations.
- Download and Install any File Manager from Play Store like Astro, Androzip etc.
- Open the Downloaded File Manager and navigate to path : /Sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases folder, there you will find a file named ‘msgstore.db.crypt’. Rename that file to anything just say ‘msgstore.db.crypt.latest’.
- Now uninstall WhatsApp.
- Again navigate to Databases Folder and choose the file which you want to restore and rename it to ‘msgstore.db.crypt’.
- Install the WhatsApp.
- Now it will ask you to whether you want to restore your chat history, tap on ‘Restore’.
- Voila!!! Now your deleted messages are restored.
That’s it now you have successfully restored your accidentally deleted WhatsApp conversation. Give it a try and do let us know in the comment section. If you liked this post then share it with your friends, and also subscribe to our News Letter for more stuffs like this.