Meizu MX5, the company latest flagship device has been unveiled at an event being held at China. The handset features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology. The company has introduced mTouch fingerprint recognition technology for payments through mPay.
There is 20.7 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, Sony IMX220 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording and also includes 5MP selfie camera on the front. The multi-tasking of the device can be performed smoothly with the inclusion of 3GB RAM. The smartphone comes in 3 different variants- 16/ 32 and 64GB.
Meizu MX5 Features:
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- Flyme OS 4.5 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal memory variants
- Dual SIM (4G + 4G) support
- 20.7-megapixels rear camera with dual tone LED Flash
- 5-megapixels front-facing camera
- Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3150mAh battery life
Price and Availability:
The Meizu MX5 flagship comes in different colours options like Gray, Silver and Gold and is priced at 1799 CYN (US$290) for 16GB, 1999 CYN (US$322) for 32GB and 2399 CYN (US$387) for 64GB variant. The smartphone is available for pre-order starting from today and will go on sale from July 5th only in China. There are no further details relating to the global release of the handset.