Sony has yesterday rolled out the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update for Sony Xperia Z C6602 and C6603. The update is rolled out with build number 10.5.1.A.0.283 and is listed on the Sony’s official site as well. The update brings Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, improved battery performance, Email stability and lot of bug fixes and security enhancements.
You can update is rolled out over the air (OTA) and a notification should popup in the notification area if you are connected to Wi-Fi, 3G or 2G. Sometimes it may take week or two to reach your region, and if you can’t wait to update your device to this firmware then you can manually update Xperia Z C6602, C6603 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware.
- Make sure your device is Xperia Z with model no C6602 or C6603.
- Setup Flashtool drivers on your PC from here.
- Backup TA partition. How? Follow here.
How to Update Xperia Z C6602, C6603 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware:
1. Make sure you have installed and setup Flashtool on your PC. If not. Follow here.
2. Download the appropriate firmware file for your device from the below links:
3. Copy the files and paste in Flashtool > Firmware folder.
4. Now you need to open Flashtool.exe
5. Locate the small lightening button present at the top of the software and choose Flashmode.
6. Select the FTF firmware file that you have placed in the firmware folder.
7. From the right side, you need to wipe data, cache and apps logs.
8. Click on OK and the tool make necessary preparations for flashing the firmware. This might take a little while to load.
9. As soon the firmware is loaded, you need to attach the smartphone with PC by turning it off.
10. As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
11. As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully flashed Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on your smartphone.