As the Nexus devices received Android 4.4.4 Kitkat updated earlier, it is also revealed that the Google Play Edition devices will receive Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update soon after Nexus devices. As said Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update is available for LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and I available via OTA. If you own LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and haven’t received Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update on your device then you can manually update LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware via OTA package.
- Make a backup of all of your data, just in case if the data is accidently deleted, we can restore it.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer options under Settings.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, it is to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Check the Build Number on which your device is running; make sure it is KOT94H Android 4.4.2.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC. How? Follow here.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your device on PC. Download here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your device for not following the instructions properly. Kindly understand the risk and then proceed.
How to Update LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware:
1. Download the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OTA Package from here to your PC.
2. Rename it to update.zip.
3. Connect your device to PC using original OEM Data Cable.
4. Now open Command Prompt and type: adb devices
5. If you see Device ID, this means your device is connected successfully and you are ready to go.
6. Now in CMD prompt type: adb reboot recovery
7. When you see the Exclamation mark, press the power button and then the Volume Down Button and release them quickly, your device will now boot into Stock Recovery.
8. Use Volume Keys and highlight Apply update from ADB and press the Power button to select.
9. Now in CMD type: adb sideload update.zip
10. It will side loaded the OTA package to your device, let the process complete. Once it is done you will be notified.
11. Now in recovery mode select Reboot System Now to reboot your device.