Galaxy S4 I9505 is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and the update is rolled out via OTA, so try to update your device via OTA and just in case if you were unable to update your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware via OTA then follow the below procedure to manually update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNB8 firmware.
Make sure your device is Galaxy S4 with model no I9505. Check in Settings > About Phone. Backup all of your data to a safe location or on your PC. So that we can restore the data whenever we have encountered any data loss. Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
Install USB Drivers on PC from here.
How to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNB8 Firmware:
2. Extract the zip file and open Odin.
3. Turn off your smartphone.
4. Start your device in Download Mode by pressing Home + Power + Volume down button simultaneously.
5. Once in Download mode connect your phone to your Computer using original USB cable and wait till the ID:COM section turn blue/yellow in the Odin.
6. Now select the files that you have downloaded.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file named ‘CODE’
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file named ‘MODEM’(Ignore if not such file found)
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file named CSC’(Ignore if not found)
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore if not found)
7. Make sure you have enabled Auto Reboot and F.Reset in Odin software.
9. Click on “AP” / “PDA” and choose the firmware file.
10. Click on “Start” and wait till the process ends, it will take around 4-5 minutes to complete.
Do leave a comment below in case of any queries or difficulty while downloading and installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy S4 smartphone.