In this quick guide checkout how to update Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with Official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware – How to Guide
Samsung has recently rolled out the Android 4.4.3 KTU84L Kitkat update to Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. So, just in case if you haven’t received this update then you can follow the below guide on how to update your Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware. Before proceeding to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites to follow, to avoid bricking of your device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make a complete backup of all of your data, though it seems to be the data will be safe, it is always good to have a backup. While backing up the data make sure not to use any kind of PC suite’s or Kies, as they may not help you in restoring your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging”, and check the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Your device must already have installed CWM Custom Recovery.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S4 for not following the instructions properly, you are at your own risk in following the below procedure.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to update Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware:
- Download the Kitkat OTA Package from here to your PC.
- Now copy the downloaded Kitkat Package to the root of your SD card, make sure not to copy inside any folder.
- Now power off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see Galaxy S4 logo.
- Now in recovery mode select Wipe Cache and perform the operation.
- Now select Wipe Data / Factory Reset and perform the operation.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose Kitkat OTA package which you have downloaded and copied earlier.
- Once installed, go back and select “reboot system now”. The first boot may take some time, so please be patience and let your device reboot successfully.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you have to remove battery and reinsert it and then power on. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above procedure again.
- Once the device boots up you are ready to go and experience latest Android 4.4.3 Kitkat on your Galaxy S4 GPE.
That’s all now you have successfully updated Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with Official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to update Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition with official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware. Also share this post with your friends on FB, Twitter, Google Plus etc., and let them also know how to update their device.