Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is rolled out to Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 by Samsung mobiles via OTA and it might take some time for some of the regions to get this update to your device. So if you can’t wait to update your Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 with this update then this guide for you. In this guide we are going to manually update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNF2 firmware.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNF2 firmware details:
- Model: GT-N7105
- Model name: GALAXY Note 2 LTE
- Country: France (Orange)
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Change list: 1935132
- Build date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 06:18:28 +0000
- Product Code: FTM
- PDA: N7105XXUFNF2
- CSC: N7105FTMFNF1
- MODEM: N7105BVUFNE1
Before we proceed to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites to follow, to prepare Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 for the installation process and also to avoid it from any damage due to the installation process.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so as to make sure if any data is lost we can restore it.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. Mostly situate at path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Download and install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 on PC from here.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
2. Once downloaded Extract Kitkat firmware package to a folder.
3. Run Odin software on your PC as administrator.
4. Power off Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
5. Enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Power or Volume Up buttons (as listed in warning message) to enter into Download Mode.
6. Connect your device to PC using OEM Data cable.
7. Now in Odin ID:COM box will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
8. Now select firmware files to load in Odin, they should be loaded from the directory where you have extracted the downloaded firmware file.
9. Click on PDA or AP and select the file with “CODE” in its name
10. Click on CP or Phone and select the file with “MODEM” in its name. Skip this step if no such file is found.
11. Click on CSC and select the file with “CSC” in its name. Skip this step if no such file is found.
12. Click on PIT and select the file with .pit extension. Skip this step if no such file is found.
13. Now in Odin make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked. In case if you have selected PIT file in above steps then also check Re-Partition.
14. Once you are all set with all the above steps, hit Start this will flash the firmware files on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
15. Once done your device will reboot automatically.
16. Once it boots up you are ready to experience Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
That’s all now you have manually updated your Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNF2 firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.