Herein checkout how to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300 – How To
TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300 can be installed using the Odin software and due to this there is no need of unlocking the bootloader. Once you have installed the TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3, you will be able to Root your device, install custom ROM, Custom Kernels, Backup your current system etc.
Before proceeding to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300, let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites to follow to prepare your device for the Custom Recovery installation process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Make sure your device model is Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location to avoid any data loss during the installation.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process. As this may cause in the bricking of your device and leave it useless.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you were not able to find Developer Options under Settings, then you have to enable it by tapping on Build Number for about 5-10 times.
- Download and install then USB Drivers for your device on PC from here.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data. How? Follow here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S3 I9300. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download Odin software from here to your PC.
- Download TWRP Recovery Package from here to your PC.
- Now open Odin on PC as administrator.
- Power off Galaxy S3.
- Enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen. Now Press Galaxy S3 Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
- Once you are in Download Mode, connect your device to PC using original data cable.
- Now you will see that the colour of ID:COM box will turn blue. You will also see “Added” message in Odin.
- Now click on PDA or AP and select the openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-i9300.tar package, which you have downloaded earlier.
- Now make sure only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are ticked in Odin and remaining all options are unchecked.
- Now click on Start, it will flash the TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Once done it will reboot your device automatically.
- Now power off your device and enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- Now you will notice that you are in TWRP Recovery Mode.
That’s all now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S3.