Want to install custom recovery on HTC One E8, so that you can install Custom ROM’s, flash zip mods, Custom Kernels etc. TWRP recovery also allows you to create a Nandroid Backup, so that you can restore it whenever you have soft broken your device. To install Custom Recovery on your device you must have unlocked Bootloader.
- Backup important data like contacts, media, sms, etc. as the process undergoes factory reset.
- Make sure USB Debugging on your device is enabled. If not, enable from settings.
- Charge the handset to at least 80%.
- Download and install USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure Bootloader is unlocked.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
Procedure to install TWRP Recovery on HTC One E8:
1. Download TWRP Recovery on your PC from here.
2. Copy the TWRP Recovery image (twrpe8t.img) to the Fastboot folder and rename it as recovery.img
3. Connect HTC One E8 to PC.
4. Now open the CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so, open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space. Now from the list select Open command window here.
5. Now in CMD Type: adb reboot bootloader and press enter. This will boot your device into Fastboot Mode. Alternatively you can boot your device into Fastboot Mode by turning off HTC One E8 and then turn it ON by holdin Volume Down + Power button at the same time.
6. Now in CMD type: fastboot recovery recovery.img
7. Once done, you need to choose recovery from the Fastboot menu.
8. This will take you to the Recovery Mode and you will see that it is TWRP Recovery.