Samsung Galaxy Mega I9200, one of the flagships Android Smartphone from Samsung can now be rooted and Philz Advanced CWM Touch Recovery can be installed on it. If you are looking for Custom Recovery to Root Galaxy Mega I9200, then follow this guide and successfully install CWM Recovery and Root Galaxy Mega I9200.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Mega and its model no is I9200. Check in Settings > About Phone.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can recover the data if any data loss has encountered.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the rooting process, if the device turns off in between the installation process, it may brick your device.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
How to Install Philz Advanced CWM Touch Recovery on Galaxy Mega I9200
1. Download recovery.tar.md5 file for your device.
2. Open Odin3.exe.
3. Put your Galaxy Mega in download mode.
4. Connect your device to your PC.
5. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
6. For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5 or recovery.tar, that you downloaded above.
7. If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
8. Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
9. Hit start and wait till the recovery flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
10. You can now boot into recovery mode by turning off your device, and then turning it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key.
How to Root Galaxy Mega I9200:
1. Download the Root Package.zip file.
2. Copy the downloaded Root Package.zip file to your Galaxy Mega’s SD card.
3. Boot into recovery mode on your Galaxy Mega 6.3, use step 11 in the recovery installation guide.
4. Now Select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Root Package.zip > Yes / Confirm”.
5. This will flash the Root Package and quickly gain the root access on your Galaxy Mega.
6. Reboot your device now.
6. Find SuperSu in the App Drawer.