In this quick guide checkout how to install official version of WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+ Android Smartphones – Complete Guide
Earlier we have posted a method to enjoy WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+ android devices, which is based on unofficial version of WhatsApp i.e., WhatsApp Plus, you can have a look at it here, many users have reported that this method is not working, but some reported it to be working. So now we have come up with a method to install the official version of WhatsApp on your Nokia X, XL, X+ device.
Before we proceed to install and setup WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+, we must prepare Nokia X, XL, X+ device’s for the installation process, by following the below instructions.
- Uninstall the previous version of WhatsApp completely along with its data, if any. If you have installed WhaatsApp plus earlier delete it.
- Rename the folder named WhatsApp on your device to something else or delete it completely.
- Make sure “Unknown Sources” option is checked. Check in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- If you want to backup the previous WhatsApp history then follow the guide here.
- Change the date on your device to May or April, but don’t keep it to June. As the update of WhatsApp was rolled out on 9 June and from that day onwards WhatsApp is not supported on Nokia X, XL, X+.
Once you are done with all the above listed instructions, you can now proceed to further instructions on how to install WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+ Android Smartphones.
Install WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+ Android device:
- Download the WhatsApp v2.11.238 using Nokia Browser. If downloaded in PC then transfer it to your device’s SD card. [Link 1] [Link 2] [Link 3]
- Once done install it on your device.
- Once installed open it and complete verification procedure and update contacts.
- Chat with one or more contacts, to have a backup info about WhatsApp and to get a widget.
- Now change the date on your device to present date and reboot your device.
- After rebooting WhatsApp will show a message as it is obsolete version and suggests you to download latest version. Click download, but don’t use Play Store or Nokia Store or any other Mobile market, just use Nokia Browser.
- Once downloaded, install it manually, it will ask to upgraded the version click on Install. Make sure you won’t uninstall the previous version of WhatsApp.
- That’s all now you have successfully installed WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+.
- Enjoy the official version of WhatsApp on Nokia X, XL, X+ Android devices.
Note: Access the app from Fastlane or using Widget, as opening it directly from the app drawer shows error.
Do let us know in the comment section if this method worked for you or not, if not do let us know what’s the issue, we will try our best to help you out.