Huawei Ascend Mate 7 L09/TL10 is reportedly receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in some regions. The update is pushed via OTA and upgrades the build number to B511. If you own Ascend Mate 7 [L09/TL10] and doesn’t wait for the OTA update, then you can update the smartphone manually. You just need to follow the below listed step by step procedure to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Huawei Ascend Mate 7.
Disclaimer: The below update guide works only on Ascend Mate 7 L09/TL10 running on B326 Lollipop build. Don’t try to install on any other variant. If does, you may brick your handset. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your handset.
- Your smartphone should be on B326 Lollipop build before installing the update.
- Make sure to take backup of all the important data on the device.
- The mobile should have minimum charge level of 70%.
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers on PC [Download link]
OTA Firmware update info:
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09/MT7-TL10.
- Firmware: Android 6.0 Marshmallow EMUI 4.0.
- Build Number: MT7-L09C185B511/ MT7-TL10C185B511.
- Region: Middle East/Africa.
- Status: Official (beta).
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09 – Link (857.3 MB)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-TL10 – Link (857.3 MB)
How to Update Huawei Ascend Mate 7 L09/TL10 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow B511 firmware:
1. Firstly you need to download latest firmware “update.zip” from the above download section based on your smartphone model.
2. Now without extracting the update file, transfer it to device SD card with the help of USB cable. You need to copy it in the folder named “dload”.
3. Once done, disconnect the smartphone from PC.
4. Now go to Settings > Updates > Menu > Locate Update > Browse and select “Update.zip” package > confirm.
5. That’s it! Now the system starts installing the latest update. Once done, the device reboots automatically and then you’re all set to enjoy the new Marshmallow firmware.
As an alternative to the above method, you can also use the Recovery mode to install the OTA firmware.