This tutorial shows how to install Flashable Zips using CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Recovery – Guide
As we all know how important are Custom Recoveries, so if you have installed it on your Android device and want to know how to install Flashable Zips using it, then this guide is for you. In this tutorial we will teach you on how to install Flashable Zips using CMW, TWRP and PhilZ Recoveries one by one.
This method can be used to install Custom ROM’s, Google Apps packages, and other similar flashable zip mods, which can enhance your device’s performance. So without any further ado let’s proceed and know how to install Flashable Zips using Custom Recoveries.
Before we proceed, you must have done the below listed things and then proceed to the tutorial or the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, though it is not related to the Custom Recoveries, it comes in handy in case you have bricked your device.
- Charge your device to at least 70%.
- Makes sure you have installed CWM / TWRP / PhilZ Custom Recovery installed on your device.
- Create a Nandroid Backup (not necessary, but can help you in unbricking your device, in case of mishaps).
- Root your device as most of the custom ROM’s require rooted device.
- Copy the required files to the root of your device’s SD card, or to the internal storage.
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode, if you don’t know how you can use the Reboot Manager app.
Now that you have followed the above listed steps, we will guide you on how to install flashable zips using CMW, TWRP and PhilZ Recovery one by one.
How to flash Zips files using CWM Recovery:
- Assuming that you are booted into CWM Recovery Mode.
- Go to “Install Zip”.
- Now you will find many options, choose the option according to your flashable zip file or ROM location.
- Now choose the flashable zip or ROM package.
- Now confirm flashing the zip file.
- If you are flashing the ROM package then you have to wipe some partitions, to do so choose options like wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.
- Perform the above wipes only if required.
- Once you are done installing the flashable zip, then you can Go Back and select reboot system now and boot your device into normal mode.
How to install Flashable Zips using TWRP Recovery:
- If you are flashing a ROM package or other mod which requires you to wipe the partitions then follow this step, otherwise ignore it. To wipe the partitions, go to wipe and perform wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- To install the flashable zip file tap on Install > Select the zip file > Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Once the zip file is installed, you will get the option to reboot the system, or go to the main menu and select Reboot.
How to install Flashable Zips using PhilZ Recovery:
- If you are flashing ROM or the zip package which requires wiping some partitions, then follow this step otherwise ignore it. Go to Wipe and Format Options and perform wipe data, cache and dalvik cache operations.
- Now to install ROM or flashable zip just select Install Zip > Choose from the list of options > Confirm the flash.
- Once the zip file is installed, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now.
That’s all now you have known how to install flashable zips using CWM or TWRP or PhilZ Recovery. So let us know in the comments section if you have any queries, we will try to sort them out as soon as possible.