Are you looking for CWM or TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, so that you can do lots of stuff like Rooting, Install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernels, create a Nandroid Backup, flash the mods etc., on your device, then follow this guide carefully and successfully install CWM/TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102.
Before we proceed to the actual process to install CWM/TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, let’s have a look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting are. If you already know then you can proceed further, but you need to follow some pre requisites to prepare Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 for the rooting process and also to avoid it from bricking.
How to install Install CWM/TWRP Recovery in Galaxy Grand 2:
1. Download CWM or TWRP Recovery.tar.md5 file
2. Open Odin3.exe.
3. Put your device in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
4. Connect your device to your PC.
5. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
6. For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5 or recovery.tar, that you downloaded above.
7. If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
8. Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
How to Root Galaxy Grand 2:
1. Download the Root Package.zip file
2. Copy the downloaded Root Package.zip file to your device SD card.
3. Boot into recovery mode.
4. Now Select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Root Package.zip > Yes / Confirm”.
5. This will flash the Root Package and quickly gain the root access on your Galaxy Grand 2.
6. Reboot your device.