Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean can now be rooted. Once rooted, you can install Custom ROM’s, Kernel’s, zip mods, run the apps which require Root Access and many more. If you want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android are then follow here. Once done you can proceed to Root Galaxy Nexus I9250.
How to install Install CWM/TWRP Recovery in Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. Download CWM or TWRP Recovery.tar.md5 file
2. Open Odin3.exe.
3. Put your device in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
4. Connect your device to your PC.
5. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
6. For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5 or recovery.tar, that you downloaded above.
7. If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
8. Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
How to Root Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. Download the Root Package.zip file
2. Copy the downloaded Root Package.zip file to your device SD card.
3. Boot into recovery mode.
4. Now Select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Root Package.zip > Yes / Confirm”.
5. This will flash the Root Package and quickly gain the root access on your Galaxy Nexus I9250
6. Reboot your device.