Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact are updated to latest Android version i.e., Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, if you haven’t updated your device to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat then update them. Once updated, if you are Android enthusiast you will require to flash CWM / TWRP Recovery on your device to play around with it, for that follow the below procedure and successfully install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Xperia Z1.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Xperia Z1 or Z1 Compact:
1. Download CWM / TWRP Recovery file to your PC.
2. Once downloaded extract it to a folder on Desktop on your PC.
3. Connect your device to PC, with USB Debugging turned ON.
4. Now locate the Install.bat (Windows) or Install.sh (Mac) and run it.
5. Now follow the onscreen instructions.
6. Once the process is done.
7. Power off.
8. Press the power button, as soon as the device boots up press Volume up/Down button.
This process install’s both the recoveries on your device, so you can enter into CWM Recovery by pressing Volume Up at the time of booting and TWRP Recovery can be obtained by pressing Volume Down while booting.