If you are looking for Custom Recovery for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 then follow this guide and install CWM/TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Once you have installed CWM/TWRP Recovery on your device you will be able to flash the zip mods, Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, create a Nandroid backup and lots more.
Before we proceed to the actual process of installing CWM/TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505, we must follow some set of instruction to prepare Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 for the installation process and also to avoid it from accidental bricking.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data including SMS, Call logs, Contacts etc., so as to avoid any data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options menu. Check in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, so as to avoid your device from shutting down in between the installation process, if happened it may brick your device.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here to your PC.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S4 LTE with model no GT-I9505. Check in Settings > About.
Procedure to install CWM/TWRP Recovery Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
Download and install Odin software on your PC. Download either the CWM or TWRP Recovery package which suits you, to your PC and extract it.Power off and Enter into Download mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see some warning text on screen, now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode. Run Odin in PC as administrator and connect your device to PC using OEM data cable. Now you should see that your device is connected to PC, as it shows in Odin under ID:COM box and also shows “Added” message in Odin.
Click on PDA or AP and select the CWM Recovery Package (philz_touch_5.18.5-i9505.tar.md5) or TWRP Recovery Package (openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-jfltexx.tar). Now make sure in Odin only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked and remaining all options are un-checked. Now hit Start buttons and wait for the installation to finish. Once done your device will reboot automatically.
Power off Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 again and enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen. Now you will be in either CWM/TWRP Recovery mode depending upon which you have installed.