Sony has recently rolled out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Xperia ZQ Android Smartphones and the update is rolled out via OTA with 10.5.A.0.230 as Build Number. If you have updated your device to this firmware, then you might have lost root access, to regain it back you have to Root Xperia ZQ again. For that follow the below procedure, before that check here the advantages and disadvantages of rooting in Android.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location.
- The charging level on your smartphone should be more than 80%.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader on your device.
How to install CWM 6 Recovery on Xperia ZQ
1. Download the CWM Recovery form here to your PC.
2. Copy the zip file to your device’s internal Storage, also extract it on your PC to obtain Boot.img file. Copy the Boot.img file to Fastboot folder on your PC.
3. Now open the CMD in Fastboot folder. Power off Xperia ZQ completely and press the Volume Up key and connect it to PC.
4. Now a Blue LED light glows indicating that your device is connected in Fastboot Mode.
5. Give the first command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
This will flash the recovery on smartphone.
6. Give another command:
This will reboot your device.
7. As soon as you see the Sony Logo and the Pink LED press the Volume Up key to enter into Recovery Mode. Now in Recovery Mode select “Install zip from SD card > Choose Zip from SD card” and choose the copied zip file and install it.
8. Once done, you are all done with installing of CWM Recovery on Xperia ZQ.