Check here how to install CWM/TWRP Custom Recovery on HTC One Max International / Sprint / Verizon / Chinese – Guide
Want to Install Custom ROM’s on your HTC One Max and for that you need to install CWM/TWRP Custom recoveries. So check here full guide on how to install Custom Recoveries on your HTC One Max. After installing Custom Recovery you can do many things with your HTC One Max Smartphone like rooting, Installing custom ROM’s, Installing Custom Kernel’s etc.,
Before proceeding to install custom Recovery on HTC One Max, let’s have a quick look at some the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device.
- Backup your important data, to avoid data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on HTC One Max from the Developer Options, by following appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above pre-requisites let’s now proceed to Install Custom Recovery on HTC One Max.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. So proceed at your own risk!!!
[box type=”download” ]
HTC One Max International:
- CWM Recovery: recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-t6ul.img
- TWRP Recovery: openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-t6ul.img
HTC One Max China:
- CWM Recovery: recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-t6dug.img
HTC One Max Sprint:
- CWM Recovery: recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-t6spr.img
- TWRP Recovery: openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-t6spr.img
HTC One Max Verizon:
- CWM Recovery: recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-t6vzw.img
- TWRP Recovery: openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-t6vzw.img
Procedure to Install CWM/TWRP Custom Recovery on HTC One Max:
- Download CWM/TWRP recovery for your HTC One Max carefully from the above links.
- Rename the downloaded recovery file to recovery.img and copy it to fastboot folder in your PC.
- Power off your HTC One Max.
- Enter into Fastboot Mode, by pressing Volume Down + Power Button, now you should be in Hboot mode, now select fastboot.
- Connect your Phone to PC using original USB Data cable.
- Now navigate to Fastboot folder in PC. Now press Shift Key + Right Mouse Click and select Open Command window here.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- After the flashing is done, remove your phone from PC.
- Now boot into Hboot mode, by pressing Volume Down + Power Key.
- Select Recovery in Hboot mode and you will find CWM/TWRP recovery.
That’s it now you have successfully installed Custom Recovery on HTC One Max. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while installing Custom Recovery on HTC One Max.