CWM Custom Recovery is now available for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205. After installing this recovery we can root Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205, so that we can avail all the extra features that root users have. If you want to check out what are the advantages and disadvantages of rooting are then go here.
After installing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205, you can root Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205, install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, flash mod zip files, backup the current android system etc.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE and its model no is I9205. Check in Settings > About Phone.
- Backup all of your data to a safe place in order to restore when data loss occurs.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205:
1. Download the Odin software on PC from here. Download the CWM Recovery package from here to your PC. Open Odin software on PC as administrator.
2. Power off Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205. Enter into Download mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Volume Up as shown in the warning text to enter into download mode.
3. Connect the mobile to PC using original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode. Now in Odin, you will see that ID:COM box will turn blue and an “Added” message is shown in Odin. Now in Odin click on AP or PDA and select the Philz Advanced CWM Touch Recovery package.
4. Now make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked in Odin and remaining all the options are un-checked. Once all the above listed steps are done, click on Start, this will start flashing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205.
5. Once done, your device will reboot automatically. That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205, now you can proceed further to Root the smartphone.