Here in checkout How to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100 – How To Guide
Want to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100, so that you can root your device and play around with it using Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s or creating backup of current Android system then follow this guide and successfully install CWM Custom Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100.
Before we proceed to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100, we must follow some set of instructions called pre requisites, to prepare Galaxy S2 I9100 for the installation process and also to avoid it from any damage.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can recover it if any data loss has encountered.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the installation process, if the device turns off in between the installation process, it may brick your device.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. Check in “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you were unable to find the Developer Options in Settings then enable it by taping on Build Number for about 7-10 times.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above listed requisites, let’s now proceed to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S2 I9100 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to Install CM 11 M8 on Nexus 4:
- Download Odin Software from here to your PC.
- Download CWM Recovery image from here to your PC.
- Run Odin in PC as administrator.
- Power off Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Volume Up or Power button as written in warning text t enter into Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
- If the device is successfully connected to PC, then ID:COM box in Odin turns blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
- Now click on PDA or AP in Odin and select the CWM Recovery image which you have downloaded.
- Now make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked and remaining all the options are un-checked.
- Once you are done with all the above steps, click on Start, this will start flashing recovery image on your device.
- Once it is done, your device will reboot automatically.
- Once the device boots up, power off.
- Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen. Now you should be in CWM Recovery.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100. Do let us know in the comment section of you face any issues while trying to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100.