Sony has officially rolled out the android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware for Xperia Z with 10.5.A.0.230 as build number; the update is available for download via OTA. If your device is running on this firmware and if you want to Root Xperia Z, then for you we have composed all the steps to Root Xperia Z, for better understanding. So proceed below and root Xperia Z on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Before we proceed we must follow pre requisites to prepare Xperia Z for rooting process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Backup all the data to a safe location.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the Rooting process, so that we can avoid bricking of the device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Xperia Z:
1. Download the CWM Recovery for Xperia Z C6602/C6603 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware form here to your PC.
2. Copy the zip file to your device’s internal Storage, also extract it on your PC to obtain Boot.img file. Copy the Boot.img file to Fastboot folder on your PC. Which you got after installing ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
3. Now open the CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so, open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder in the Empty space. Now from the list of options select open command window here. Power off Xperia Z completely and press the Volume Up key and connect it to PC.
4. Now a Blue LED light glows indicating that your device is connected in Fastboot Mode.
5. Give the first command: fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
This will flash the recovery on your device.
6. Give another command: fastboot reboot and press enter.
This will reboot your device.
7. As soon as you see the Sony Logo and the Pink LED press the Volume Up key to enter into Recovery Mode. Now in Recovery Mode select “Install zip from SD card > Choose Zip from SD card” and choose the copied zip file and install it.
8. Once done, you are all done with installing of CWM Recovery on Xperia Z.