HTC Desire 601 was launched in December last year and it features a 4.5 inch QHD Capacitive touch screen display with 960 x 540 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.4 GHz dual core Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU. It has 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 64GB via Micro SD card. Want to know more about HTC Desire 601 then go here. So if you own this device and is upset because it still runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, then you have to root HTC Desire 601, so that you can experience Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware using Custom ROM’s. So if you are ready to Root HTC Desire 601 then follow the below steps.
- Backup all the data to a safer location.
- Enable USB Debugging mode.
- Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and install USB Drivers.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your HTC Desire 601. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to install CWM Recovery and Root HTC Desire 601:
1. Download CWM Recovery Package.
2. Power off HTC Desire 601 and enter into Fastboot mode.
3. Now copy the CWM Recovery package to fastboot folder and it should be in .img format.
4. Now open CMD in Fastboot folder. To do so, open Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and then right click anywhere at the empty space inside the Fastboot folder and tap on “open command window here”.
5. Now enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery philz_touch_6.08.7-zara.img
6. This will flash CWM recovery on your device.
7. Now download the Rooting Package and transfer it to the root of your device’s SD card.
8. Once done, power off HTC Desire 601.
9. Boot into Recovery Mode (press and hold Volume Done + Power button)
10. Once you are in Recovery Mode, select Install zip from SD card and choose the rooting package and install it. Once done, select reboot system now. This will boot the device into normal mode.