Sony has recently rolled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Xperia SP and this update brings more features on your device with performance and security enhancements. If you haven’t updated your device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean then you can go here and manually update your device with stock firmware. Once you are done with updating then you are ready to apply the below procedure to root and Xperia SP.
- Make a backup of all of your data. Though rooting won’t erase your data, it is always good to be safe.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options, by following appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- You must have unlocked boot loader on your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. So proceed at your own risk.
How to Install CWM 6 on Xperia SP:
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC. How? Follow here.
2. Download the CWM 6 package from here to your PC.
3. Rename the downloaded file to boot.elf.
4. Now copy the file to ADB or Fastboot folder.
5. Power off your device.
6. Now connect your device to PC while pressing and holding Volume Up button and connecting to PC.
7. Now LED will turn blue.
8. Once you are successfully in Fastboot mode, then you can continue to follow the below procedure.
9. Now in your PC open Command Prompt and navigate to Fastboot folder using regular commands. Alternatively you can also press and hold shift key and then right click inside the fastboot folder and select open command window here.
10. Now type: Fastboot flash boot boot.elf and press enter.
11. It will flash the boot.elf file to your PC.
12. Once done unplug your device from PC.
That’s it now you have successfully installed CWM 6 on Xperia SP.
Procedure to Root Xperia SP:
1. Download the SuperSU to your PC.
2. Copy it to your devices SD card or internal storage.
3. Now boot into CWM recovery.
4. In CWM Recovery select “Install Zip from SD card”.
5. Now choose the SuperSU.zip file which we have copied earlier and install the same.
6. Once done go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it now you have successfully installed CWM 6 and had root Xperia SP using the above procedure. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to root Xperia SP and we will try our best to help you with the same.