Are you looking for working method to root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, and then your search is complete, as we have brought a complete working method using which you can root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Once rooted your device you will be able to install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s and do many things on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 Android device. Want to have a look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of rooting are then follow here.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Grand Duos with model no I9082. Check in Settings > About.
- Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75%,
- Backup your mobile EFS data from here.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC from here.
- Make sure all the Samsung PC Suits like Kies are killed on your PC, while using Odin.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your risk.
Procedure to Install Custom Recovery on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
1. Download Odin Software on your PC from here. Download the Recovery Package and SuperSU from the above links to your PC.
2. Copy the SuperSU.zip file to the root of your SD card.
3. Open Odin on your PC as administrator.
4. Power off Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see warning message on your screen. Now press Volume Up as written in the warning message to enter into Download Mode.
5. Connect Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to PC using original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
6. Now you will see that the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
7. Now in Odin, click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select file the Recovery Package (Recovery_20120412.Tar).
8. Make sure only Auto reboot and F.Reset Time option are checked in Odin and remaining all options are un-checked.
9. Once you are done with all the above listed steps, click on Start, flashing process will start. Once done, your device will reboot automatically, wait for your device to boot up successfully.
10. That’s all now you have installed Custom Recovery on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
As now you have installed Custom Recovery on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, you can now proceed to Root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. To do so, follow the below procedure.
How to Root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Power off Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
- Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Rooting Package (SuperSU.zip) and flash it.
- Once done, ++++Go Back ++++ an dselect reboot system now, this will boot your device into normal mode.
- Once the device boots up, you will notice SuperSU app in the app drawer, you can also verify root access on your device by using Root Checker App.