Cyanogen Mod 11 is now available for the Moto E entry level Smartphone but it is unofficial. Though the Moto E comes with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Out-Of-The-Box and is upgradable to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Update via OTA, many users want to install Custom ROM’s on their device to avail the features that Stock ROM won’t offer. Using Custom ROM’s sometimes we get some of the features of the high level Android Smartphones.
Cyanogen Mod is one of the top know Custom ROM’ developers and they have made a Custom ROM for the Moto E. so if you are looking for the Custom ROM for your device then this ROM will be best suitable, as it is well know. So in this guide we are going to install CM 11 on Moto E.
CM 11 Features:
- Lock screen customizations,
- Slider shortcuts,
- Dual Pane Options
- Battery display options which includes the styles, icons and font types,
- Do not disturb option,
- Shown notification count feature,
- Custom Bean stalk wallpapers,
- Custom Boot animation options,
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, as we are going to install CM 11 Custom ROM, which will erase all of your data.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process, if happened so it may brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. Mostly situated in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Unlock Bootloader on Moto E. How? From here.
- Root Moto E from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Moto E. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Install CM 11 on Moto E:
2. Once downloaded copy both the packages to the root of your SD card.
3. Power Off Moto E.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button, now you will be booted into Bootloader Mode. In bootloader mode select “enter into Recovery Mode”. This will boot your device into Recovery Mode.
5. Once you are in Recovery Mode, clear all the data and wipe cache.
6. Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package and install it.
7. Once installed again select “Install zip from SD card” and this time choose the Google Apps package and install it.
8. Now perform the full data wipe and cache.
9. Once done, Go Back and select Reboot System now, this will boot your device into normal mode.
Note: If at all your Moto E gets into boot loop sequence then you need to turn off your device by long pressing power button and reboot it again. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above procedure again.
10. Once the device boots up you are all set to enjoy the CM 11 Custom ROM on Moto E.
That’s all now you have installed CM 11 Custom ROM on Moto E. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Install CM 11 on Moto E.