As we all know that Custom ROM’s are better than Stock ROM in performance and many other factors. So for Nexus 5 here is a Custom ROM called Cataclysm, which is based on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, with lots of tweaks and performance improvements and also provides better battery life.
Features of Cataclysm Custom ROM for Nexus 5:
- Smart Radio
- Softkeys Fade Mod
- One click app picker
- Lockscreen Mods: custom wallpaper, disable camera, widgets maximized, custom quick launch targets, Fullscreen lockscreen
- Immersive mode
- Battery: Text Only / Circle battery / Text + Icon
So after looking at the features of this custom ROM, let’s now proceed to install Custom ROM on Nexus 5. Before proceeding to install Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5 let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requistes.
- Make a complete backup of data on your device to a safe location, as we are going to install custom ROM which will erase all the data on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options, by following the appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 80%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make sure Bootloader is unlocked on your Nexus 5, if not go here and unlock bootloader on your device.
- Also make sure your device is rooted, if not then go here and root your device using any one method.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the instructions properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!
How to Install Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5:
1. Download Cataclysm Custom ROM package from here to your PC.
2. Download Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
3. Copy both the packages to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy on the root of your SD card not inside any folder.
4. Power off your device.
5. Now enter into Bootloader/Fastboot mode, by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons until you see some text on screen.
6. From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
7. Now select Wipe cache and Wipe data and perform on screen instructions.
8. Now select Install Zip from SD card and select Cataclysm Custom ROM Package and Install the same.
9. Now Select Install Zip from SD card and select Google Apps Package and install it.
10. Now Go Back and select reboot system now.
Note: Make a note that first boot may take some time, so please be patience and let it boot successfully. If at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you need to Power Off your device by long pressing power button and boot it again. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above procedure again.
11. After the device boots up, you are now ready to go and enjoy the newly installed Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5.
That’s it now you have successfully installed Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while installing Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5.