Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L were the company mid-rangers announced back in 2013. It flaunts a 5-inch 840p display, 1GB of RAM, 8MP of rear camera and runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box. Later the device received only one update there after i.e. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. These disappointed most of the Galaxy Grand users all over the world as it was the popular mid-range device at that time. The users didn’t get the experience of latest Android OS like KitKat 4.4 and Lollipop 5.X. But thanks to developers, who shared Custom ROMs based on these OS on a regular time basis.
In this tutorial we have shared simple guide to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand GT-I9082/L via AOSP ROM. So, without much wasting time, let’s proceed to the flashing process.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM on any Android device is always a risky process. GadgetsAcademy or ROM developer is not responsible for any damage occurs to your handset. Before starting the update process, understand the amount of risk involved.
- The below guide is meant only for Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L. Do try to install the ROM on any other model as it may result in bricking.
- Make sure the device is running on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS before installing the ROM. Don’t try to flash over Android 4.1.2 or any other custom ROM.
- Create Nandroid backup and EFS Backup of your Galaxy Grand.
- To avoid unnecessary power-off during the update process, it is advisable to charge the device to at least 70%.
- CWM recovery should be installed on your handset.
- You need to backup all the important data like call logs, contacts, SMS, etc. before starting the below procedure.
Update Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082/L to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via AOSP custom ROM:
2. Now connect your device with laptop and copy both the zip files to internal storage of the device.
3. Now you need to disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
4. Boot the device into CWM recovery mode using the appropriate hardware keys.
5. Once the device boots into recovery mode, you need to select wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
6. Next from the recovery main menu, choose Install zip > Choose Zip from SD card and navigate the AOSP Marshmallow.zip file which you have copied to internal storage of the device. Once the file is selected, hit ‘Yes’ to start the flashing process.
7. Now you have successful flashed Marshmallow custom ROM on your Galaxy Grand.
8. Again you need to go to recovery menu and select “Install zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”. With this, the Gapps package will be installed on your device.
9. Reboot your device and start using the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your smartphone. Enjoy!
For any doubts, you can reach us using the below comment box.