Xiaomi Mi4 is the company 2014 flagship smartphone, which includes high-end specifications like 5-inch FHD display, 2.5GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4.3 with MIUI 5 on top, 16GB/64GB internal storage, 3GB of RAM, and 3080mAh Non-removable Li-ion battery.
In this guide, we have shared a simple tutorial to install Cyanogen 12.1 OS (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop) on Xiaomi Mi4. First check out the below prerequisites and then we will take directly to the installation procedure.
Rooting of Android phones and installing custom ROMs voids the company warranty completely. Gadgets Academy and Xiaomi is not responsible for any damage occurs during the installation process.
- The procedure is only for Xiaomi Mi4 Android smartphone. Do try on any other models.
- Download any third party backup app to take a backup of all your important data.
- Download Xiaomi Mi4 USB Drivers and install on your PC.
- The phone should have root access.
Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Cyanogen 12.1) firmware on Xiaomi Mi4:
2. After downloading the recovery, transfer the file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
3. Next, locate PY_cmd.exe from the folder and tap on it and give the command: adb reboot bootloader. This command will boot your Xiaomi phone into fastboot mode.
4. Now give another command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-18.104.22.168-cancro.img
5. Now hold your seats till the TWRP recovery is flashed on your device.
6. After flashing TWRP recovery, hold Volume Up and Power button to boot into recovery menu. There perform Factory Reset by selecting Wipe > Swipe to factory reset.
7. Download Cyanogenmod 12.1 firmware and move to the internal storage of the handset.
8. Now in order to flash the firmware, select Install > Select the firmware file > Swipe to confirm flash.
9. The above process takes around 2-5 minutes. So, once done with the flashing process, restart your smartphone by selecting the option Restart > System.
Congo! You Xiaomi Mi4 is now updated to Cyanogenmod 12.1 OS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Do share your experience with the latest operating system in the below comment box.