Check here how to update HTC One with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using InsertCoin Custom ROM – Guide
Want to update your HTC One with latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then here is an alternative method for you. In this method we will install InsertCoin Custom ROM to update HTC One to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. So before installing the ROM on our device let’s have a quick look at the features of this ROM.
Features of InsertCoin Custom ROM:
- latest htc base: 4.19.401.8
- more languages enabled (FULL WWE)
- root, busybox and init.d support
- persistent ADB enabled
- ramdisk improvements
- battery life, performance and memory improvements
- improved AGPS by a lot
- sysro / sysrw binaries
- openvpn / sqlite support
- disabled logging & removed bloatware
- stripped debugging info
- optimized with latest sdk.
- advanced power menu – credits Dunc001 for the original mod
- CallRecording Support
- huge system app remove list – credits shnizlon
- 5×6 Grid size option
- Customizable horizontal quick settings (heqs / inline eqs) – press the date in status bar
- Customizable quick settings – press and hold the tiles for entering editing mode
- optional desense option – credits shnizlon
- optional disable ugly 3-dot black bar
- optional wake via volume buttons
- optional to odex your ROM on flashing or at a later date
- optional to get rid of the ugly power save persistent notification
- optional disable noise cancellation – props @grgsiocl
- optional disable exchange security
- optional Xposed Framework
- optional NFC on when screen off
- optional turn on screen on SMS receive
- optional disable Blinkfeed
- optional show 4g icon instead of LTE
- optional CRT-OFF animation
- optional Long Press Back Key to kill active app – props @gharrington for the original mod
- optional Long Press Volume Keys to skip tracks – props @lyapota for the original mod
- optional Viper4Android FX
- optional 30steps volume mod
- optional center clock
- optional Landscape Sense Launcher
- optional remove battery icon completely (and use HTC % Battery Text)
- optional disable keyboard switcher notification
- optional disable persistent MTP notification
- optional disable HTC Sync Manager Notification
- optional remove BlinkFeed Share Button
- optional smaller BlinkFeed News Title
- optional battery % mods – check Kustomizer
- optional transparent Status Bar / Navigation Bar / Folders check Kustomizer
- optional custom window transition animations check Kustomizer
- optional custom fonts check Kustomizer
- Smoothest ROM
- Best Battery Management
- Fast fixes / updates
So after seeing all the features of this ROM, if you decided to install it on your HTC One then let’s proceed further. Before proceeding let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites.
- Make a backup of all of your data on your HTC One, as we are going to install the custom ROM which will erase all the data on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options, by following the appropriate steps.
- Charge your device to at least 80%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Root your device if not rooted before proceeding.
- Unlock Bootloader on your HTC One before proceeding, by following guide here.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to Update HTC One to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using InsertCoin Custom ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. So proceed at your own risk!!!
Procedure to Update HTC One with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using InsertCoin Custom ROM:
- Download InsertCoin Custom ROM from here to PC.
- Configure Fastboot and ADB on your PC from here.
- Extract the ROM Package and locate the boot.img file either in Kernel folder or in Main Folder.
- Copy this Boot.img file to fastboot folder.
- Now copy the zip file to root of your SD card.
- Power off HTC One.
- Now enter into Bootloader/Fastboot Mode, by pressing Volume Down + Power Button until you see some text.
- Open CMD in PC and navigate to Fastboot folder (or) Open the fastboot folder and press shift key + mouse right click, now from the options select open command window here.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Now type: fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- After reboot take out battery and wait for 10 seconds and then re-insert it.
- Now enter into Bootloader Mode, by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons till you see some text on screen. Now select Recovery from Bootloader.
- Now in recovery select Wipe Cache and Wipe Data and perform the operations.
- Now select Install zip from SD card and select the ROM package and install the same.
- Now Go Back…. and select reboot System now and let your device reboot.
That’s it now you have successfully updated your HTC One with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using InsertCoin Custom ROM. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while trying to update your device.