HTC has announced latest Smartphone in the Desire series dubbed as Desire 820 in India. The device is successor of the Desire 816 Android Smartphone. The HTC Desire 820 was unveiled at the IFA 2014 earlier this month. It is launched along with another device named as Desire 816G dual SIM, the cheaper variant of the Desire 816 in India. Both the latest devices sports a 5.5-inch display and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6 on top. So check below the detailed specs and features of the HTC Desire 820 Android Phablet.
The HTC Desire 820 comes with 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and has dual SIM support. It is powered with Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU / 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q). The phablet runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6 on top and has 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM.
The HTC Desire 820 has 13 MP of rear camera with LED Flash and is accompanied with 8 MP front facing camera. It has 16GB of internal storage which can be further expandable up to 128GB with microSD card. On the connectivity front, it includes 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX and GPS. There is 2600 mAh battery on the back to power the device.
“Our new HTC Desire model gives entertainment lovers exactly what they are looking for; a powerful, fast, stylish smartphone that delivers their favourite content on a big screen at a competitive price. With the HTC Desire 820 and HTC Desire 820q, we’ve combined the most advanced technology with the best possible entertainment experience and bold, distinctive design, to deliver a handset that is both desirable and affordable”, stated Faisal Siddiqui, HTC India’s Vice President & Country Head.
HTC Desire 820/ Desire 820q dual SIM specifications:
- 5.5-inch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1280 x 720 pixels screen resolutions
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU / 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q)
- 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android L
- Dual SIM support
- 13-megapixels rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8-megapixels front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
Price and Availability:
There are no details available regarding price and availability of the device. Will update soon the Smartphone is official launched.