HTC One M7 can now be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware and to do so follow the below guide on how to update HTC One M7 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using LiquidSmooth ROM. As of now there is no official update for HTC One M7, so till then we can enjoy the taste of Android 5.0 Lollipop using Custom ROM’s. So let’s proceed below and update HTC One M7 to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
LiquidSmooth ROM for HTC One M7 is still in alpha stage and might contain some bugs, so it can’t be used as a daily driver. If you haven’t yet has the taste of the Android 5.0 Lollipop then you can give it a try.
Before the actual process of updating begins, you have to prepare HTC One M7 for the update process by following the requisites listed below:
- Backup your data to a safe place as installing Custom ROM, wipes all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure charge on your device is at least 80%.
- Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Root HTC One M7.
- Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on HTC One M7.
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC from here.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to HTC One M7. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update HTC One M7 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using LiquidSmooth ROM:
- Download ROM package from the above link and extract the boot.img file form the package.
- Now download the Google Apps Package and copy both LiquidSmooth ROM package and Google Apps package to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card, but not inside any folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to the Fastboot folder.
- Power off HTC One M7.
- Now enter into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button.
- Once you are in Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC and open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space. Now from the list choose open command window here.
- Now in CMD type: fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
- Now type: fastboot reboot and press enter.
- Now choose Recovery from the Bootloader Mode and enter into Recovery Mode.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, wipe all the data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package and install it.
- Follow the above step again but this time install Google Apps Package.
- Now Go Back and select “reboot system now” and boot your device into normal mode.