Check here how to unlock Bootloader on Nexus 5, with simple and easy steps.
As the Nexus 5 devices come with locked bootloader, this avoids many users to install Custom ROM on their devices. So for this reason I brought this guide to unlock bootloader on Nexus 5 devices. Before proceeding to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 5 let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Make sure your device is Nexus 5, as this method is applicable to only Nexus 5.
- Make a complete backup of your data on the device to a safe location, so as to avoid any data loss while unlocking bootloader of Nexus 5.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options, by following appropriate steps.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make sure you have installed Android SDK and USB drivers on your PC. Want to know how? Check here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Nexus 5 for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 5.
Procedure to Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5:
- Download the Fastboot files and extract it to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Power off Nexus 5.
- Now enter into Bootloader/Fastboot mode, by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons till you see some text on screen.
- Now navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools folder and open the command prompt there. You can do it by pressing Shift Key and right mouse key, now click on open command window here.
- Now in cmd type in fastboot oem unlock and press enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- After it is done, Nexus 5 will reboot itself. If the device doesn’t reboot automatically then enter fastboot reboot.
That’s it now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of Nexus 5. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while unlocking the bootloader.