The rooting procedure for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact was out before the device is actually launched as stated here. But this process of rooting is revealed after its release. So if you are one who is seeking to root Xperia Z1 Compact to install Custom ROMs, Recoveries etc., and do a lot of experiments on your device then you can follow the below procedure.
Before proceeding to Root Xperia Z1 Compact, let’s have a look at some of the requisites to follow to avoid bricking of your device.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so as to avoid any data loss. Though rooting won’t erase data, it is good to have a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 80%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Install Fastboot and ADB drivers on your PC. How? Follow here.
- Bootloader must be unlocked. How? Learn here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. So proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Root Xperia Z1 Compact:
Rooting Xperia Z1 Compact includes two parts one is installing Kernel and Rooting.
Part 1: Installing Kernel:
1. Download the Kernel image from here and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Copy the recovery.img file to Fastboot folder.
3. Download and install the USB Drivers on your PC.
4. Now open the Command Prompt and navigate to Fastboot folder. Alternatively you can press Shift key + Right mouse click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder and select open command window here.
5. Now in CMD Type following commands and press enter after each command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. With this the first part of the rooting procedure is completed, now proceed to part 2.
Part 2: Installing Rooting Package:
1. Download the SuperSU zip package and copy it to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of your SD card, but not inside any folder.
2. Power off your device and enter into recovery mode. After the device shutdowns, power on and when you see the Sony logo, you have to start hitting the Volume Up Key. Now the LED light turns pink.
3. In Recovery mode select Install zip from SD card and choose the SuperSU zip file and install the same.
4. Now Go Back and select reboot system now.
5. One the device boots up, Download and Install Root Checker App from Play Store and verify for the successful root permissions.
That’s it now you have successfully Root Xperia Z1 Compact. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while doing the same. Also let your friends also enjoy the article by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.