Mostly Stock ROM’s are installed back on an Android device, if there are any problems with the device like bootlooping, un-rooting etc. or if the user has played with the Custom ROM’s and mods and bricked his/her device and want to revert it back to stock to claim the warranty and receive the OTA updates from the manufacturer.
So here in this tutorial we are going to install the Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo to restore it to factory settings and firmware. Installing Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo is easy and it can be done using the .bat file which comes with the stock ROM package and alternatively we can install using RSDLite firmware installation utility application.
How to install Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo:
- Download the Stock ROM package from the above link.
- Download and install the USB drivers suitable for your device from the above link.
- Setup ADB and Fasboot drivers on your PC from the above link.
- Download the latest version of RSDLite utility from the link above.
- Boot your device into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect it to PC and launch the RSDLite utility.
- Click the 3 dot (…) button beside the Filename: filed and navigate to the firmware files and select it. Make sure it is in .zip extension.
- Tap on Start button to begin flashing Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo.
- Installation process may take few minutes, so wait patiently.
- Once done, reboot your device.
That’s all now you have installed Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo. There is another simple method to install the Stock ROM on Verizon Droid Turbo and this method doesn’t require any utility software all you need to do it boot your device into Fastboot Mode and connect it to PC and run the VRZ_XT1254_KDF21.128-15_15_CFC.bat file and it will take care of the rest.
Do let us know about the queries you face during the installation process and we will try to help you put with the best solution possible.