As we all know that Android 4.4.3 KitKat update which was earlier rolled out to Nexus 5 contained some bugs, so Google has recently rolled out the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat updated for Nexus 5 devices. If you have Nexus 5 and haven’t received this Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update then you can manually install from here. This update carries a major SSL fix and other improvements on your device.
- Your device must be completely on Stock Kitkat KTU84M firmware and must be un-rooted.
- Make a backup of all of your data in case something goes wrong.
- Charge your device to at least 75% to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Install Fastboot / ADB drivers on your PC. How? Follow here.
- Install USB drivers on your PC from here.
- Download the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update OTA package from here to your PC.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update on Nexus 5
1. Turn off your Nexus 5.
2. Press and hold Volume Down and Power until you see the Fastboot screen.
3. Use the volume buttons to highlight ”Recovery mode” and press Power to confirm.
4. Using the volume buttons again, highlight ”Apply update from ADB” and press Power.
5. On your computer, hold Shift and right click in a blank area of the ADB Tools window. Select ”Open command window here”. This will open the command prompt window.
6. Connect your Nexus device with a USB cable.
7. Wait for the install to complete and your Nexus 5 to reboot.