Do you have Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and want to update it to latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS then you can now by following the below steps. Though the Samsung has not officially rolled out the Android Kitkat Firmware for Galaxy Note N7000, we can taste the latest Android Kitkat on Galaxy Note. All this is made possible by the custom ROM makers, so let’s thank the Custom ROM makers and the ROM we are using is Slim Saber.
Before moving to installing the Firmware on your Galaxy Note N7000, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, as we are installing custom ROM which will erase all the data on your device. Keep in mind don’t backup your data using Kies as it may not help you restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options in your device by following the appropriate steps.
- Make sure your device is rooted, this is needed as we are going to install the Custom ROM. If you haven’t rooted your device then go and search Google to root your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking your device.
Disclaimer: we the members of Gadgets Academy should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own Risk!!!
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.4.2:
2. Copy both the packages on your device’s SD card, make sure not to copy inside any folder just copy on the root of your SD card.
3. Now power off your Galaxy Note N7000 and enter into Recovery Mode by pressing “Volume Up, Home and Power Button” simultaneously until you see Galaxy Note Logo.
4. Scroll down and select Wipe data and complete the operation. Now again scroll down and select wipe cache and complete the operation.
5. Now select “Install zip from sd card” and select the Android 4.4.2 Firmware package, which you have downloaded earlier, and install it.
6. After installing the Firmware package, now select Google Apps package and install it.
7. After completing installation of both the packages, Go Back and select reboot system now and reboot your device. The first boot may take some time so please be patient and let the device boot successfully.
8. That’s it now you have successfully installed custom ROM with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. So enjoy the new ROM on your device with the taste of latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS.
NOTE: If your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove the battery and re-insert it and power your device. if your device still gets into boot loop then you have to follow the above steps again.
Do let us know in the comment section if you have any issues while updating your Galaxy Note N7000. And also let us know if you like the ROM or not?