How to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 Firmware – Quick Guide
If you are facing problems updating your Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 Firmware via OTA, then don’t worry now you can update your device manually by following the below steps. Though there is no word on when your device will get official Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware, you can install this stable version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean until the Android 4.4 Kitkat Update rolls out for your device.
Before proceeding to update your deice to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 firmware, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites listed below.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, to avoid any data loss while updating your Galaxy Note 2. Make sure not to use Kies to backup your data as it will not help in restoring.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your Galaxy Note 2 to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device while updating.
After you are done with all the above steps you can now proceed to update your Galaxy Note 2 with official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 Firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk!!!!
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware package and Odin to your PC.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers for your device in your PC.
- Extract the downloaded firmware package and then open the Odin software in your PC.
- Power off your Galaxy Note 2 and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power Button” simultaneously until you see warning message. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC using original USB data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
- Now you will see that your device is listed in Odin software under ID:COM.
- Click on PDA in Odin and select the extracted firmware package, which you have downloaded earlier and Click on Start.
- Now wait until the firmware package is being flashed in your device. After it is successfully flashed it will show PASS message in Odin and your Galaxy Note 2 will automatically restart.
- After the device is successfully booted disconnect from PC.
- Please be patience until your device boots successfully, as the first boot may take about 5-6 minutes.
- Now head over to “Settings > More > About Phone” and check the Android version you will find it as Android 4.3.
Note: If your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove battery and re-insert it and then restart your device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above procedure again and re-flash your device.
That’s it now have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEML2 Firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any problems while updating your device.