How to update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware – Guide.
Do you have Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 and want to update it to Latest Android Firmware i.e., Android 4.4.2 then you are at right place. As the Samsung has not released any Official update for Galaxy Nexus, we can’t update it to latest firmware officially. But thanks to the Custom Rom makers who have made it possible to update it to Android 4.4.2 using custom firmware.
Before proceeding to install custom Firmware you need to follow some of the quick pre-requisites.
- Create a Backup of your data like SMS, Contacts, Call Log and Restore and other files using methods given below.
SMS using an app called SMS Backup and Restore App.
Sync your contacts with Gmail or Export them to SD card.
Copy all your files, images, songs etc. From Internal storage to External Storage.
- Enable USB Debugging in your mobile from “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.”
- Make sure your mobile is charged to minimum of 75%, to avoid bricking of your mobile.
After following the above pre requisites you can now follow below steps to install custom firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to your device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Kitkat 4.4.2 custom Firmware:
- Make sure your device is rooted, if not rooted your device first root it.
- Download the ROM Manager app in your device so that you can install custom recovery image on your device.
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps package to your PC. Once downloaded, connect your device to your PC using original USB Data Cable and copy these two files into your device.
- Now enter into Recovery Mode you can do it via ROM Manager or can use manual method.
- In Recovery Mode, select “install zip from sd card” ans choose the zip file “Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware”. After completing install again go to “install zip from sd card” and choose “Google Apps Package”.
- Once you installed the above two packages go back and select “reboot system now”.
- To check your device is updated or not go to “Settings > About Phone” and check for Android Version you will find it 4.4.2.
Note: If your Device gets in boot loop then you need to remove your battery and reinsert it and then power your device. If it doesn’t fix then you need to install the firmware from again by following above steps again.
Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 device to Latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware. If you have queries please comment below.