How to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware – Complete Guide.
Do you have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and you know that how you miss the latest Android Updates, as the Samsung has not released any Android update for your device like ICS, Jelly Bean etc. So today for you all guys who own Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 I brought a Custom ROM which is based on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware. So if you want to taste the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your device then you can follow the below steps. By the way let me mention the name of the ROM, it is Cyanogen Mod 11.
Before proceeding to update your Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all of your data, to avoid any data loss as we are going to install custom rom on your device.
- Root your Galaxy Ace, this is needed as we are going to install Custom ROM which requires rooted device to install. If you haven’t rooted your device then go here and root your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer option. To do so go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
Assuming that you have followed all the above steps, now let’s proceed to install Custom ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. Proceed at your own Risk!!!
Procedure to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware package with Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
- Now copy the package to your device’s SD card, make sure to copy on the root of your SD card i.e., not inside any folder.
- Power off your Galaxy Ace S5830 and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Up, Home and Power Button” simultaneously until you see Galaxy Ace Logo.
- Now scroll down and wipe your data and cache using appropriate options.
- Now select Install zip from sd card and select the Firmware Package (which you have downloaded earlier and copied on your device) and install it.
- After completing installation Select reboot system now and let your device reboot.
- First may take some time so please be patience and let your device boot successfully.
Note: If your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove battery and re-insert it and then power your device. if the problem still persists then you need to follow the above procedure again.
That’s it now you have successfully installed Cyanogen mod 11 with Android 4.4.2 Firmware on your Galaxy Ace S5830, so enjoy the new Android Firmware.
Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries or facing any problem while installing ROM on your device.