YU YUNIQUE YU4711 now can be easily upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware with the help of official CM13 ROM. The CM13 custom ROM has all the features of Marshmallow.
So, are you one of the YU Yunique users and wanted to experience the Marshmallow features, then you need to follow the below step by step tutorial on how to install CM13 Marshmallow on YU YUNIQUE. As you need to flash the ROM through recovery, make sure TWRP/CWM is installed on your smartphone.
- The update process is only for YU YUNIQUE YU4711. Don’t try to install on any other smartphone.
- Make sure TWRP Recovery is installed.
- The charging level should be more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power off during the update process.
- Backup all your important files stored on your device and also backup the current ROM from TWRP recovery.
Disclaimer: The following procedure may void your company warranty. We should not held liable if any damage occurs to your device or its components during or after the process. You only are responsible for your device.
How to Update YU YUNIQUE YU4711 to CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware
2. Connect the device to PC and transfer the ROM & Gapps package to it. Disconnect the smartphone and remember the location of the files.
3. Now you need to boot Yunique into TWRP recovery mode. Then select Wipe > advanced wipe and choose all the options: dalvik cache, data, system and cache. Next swipe at the bottom to confirm the action.
4. Next from recovery main menu, choose “Install” and locate the Marshmallow ROM from device storage. Once selected, Swipe at the bottom to start the flashing process.
5. Repeat the above step to flash Gapps package.
6. Once done with installation, restart the device by selecting reboot option.